Creation stories have created a whole different world for me. The ones that I have been told have shaped and molded my life. They have also help me create a stronger bond with my family. They even help me to create a bond with other people who share the same belief. This that was told to me as a little girl it that God created all that is on earth. Growing up I believed that if you didn't follow God's word that you would be punished greatly and sent to hell. Since this is what I was taught to believe I use to think that people in the world that committed crimes or sinned were to be dammed to hell.
As I began to age I started the question the existence of God. My dad would tell me that I should not question it but I did anyways. I felt like there is no way that this person use to exist. I started to feel like the story was fake and that people of the world were given false hope. I considered to be false hope because there is no way that one person can make everything that exists on the earth. Also I felt like there is no way a person can comes from another persons rib cage.
Coming up into my adult years; I began to explore the world and view it much differently. I began to watch the history channel more and explore different options as to how the earth, people, and everything on it came to exist. As I met different people as I travelled to different states I came across people who had the same belief as me. Which is the Big Bang Theory that we were created from molecules and evolution.
This Big Bang Theory made me see world in a different light. It says that humans were created from molecules in the universe. Many people believe that but they are called weird or strange. I view the creation stories like this now, people will believe what ever they were reared to believe or what they choose to believe as they grew older. Personally, for my life I am now a spiritual person and I believe that they creation story about how we came to be starts with animals and spirits. It keeps me calm and helps me to realize that humans and animals must coexist. How animals and human were created to be equal.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo how have changes in your beliefs changed the way you see the world and other people? Are things better? More confusing?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the posts.
I see the world as a better and more spiritual place. I look at other people as if they are just like me because they believe in a higher power and they trust in that higher power. Things are better and less confusing because I know that I am not the only one that believes in spirits and nature coexisting with human beings
ReplyDelete