Friday, March 24, 2017

#18 Jesus is presented in the Quran

There are 71 verses in the Quran that discuss the life of Jesus.

The fact that Jesus taught the same religion that had been presented by Moses and the other Prophets is supported even by the existing Gospels. For example, according to the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus declared in the Sermon on the Mount: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." (5: 17).

This quote shows that Jesus is seen as a prophet and not the almighty.

Then the children of Israel began to plot (against Jesus) and God also devised His secret plan, and God is the best of devisers. (It was to carry out His secret plan that) He said, "O Jesus, now I will recall 51 you and raise you up to Myself and cleanse you of (the uncongenial company and the filthy environment of ) those who have rejected you and will set up those who follow you above those who have rejected you 52 till the Day of Resurrection. And ultimately all of you shall return to Me: then I will judge between you in what you differ, and punish with a grievous punishment, both in this world and in the Hereafter, those who have adopted the attitude of disbelief and rejection and they shall have none to help them. And those, who have believed and done good deeds, shall be given their rewards in full. And note it well that God does not like the transgressors." Quran 3:54-57 

This quote shows that Jesus was not liked by some of the people in Israel. They tried to hurt him and kill him. They plotted against him but they did not kill him like they did in the Bible.

2 comments:

  1. Great post ! I like how you gave scriptures to where you got your information. I think it's interesting how you Jesus in both books spread wisdom and a love of God throughout their walk yet are different people with different stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kimitre,

    I really agree with your post. I like how you went into details. "This quote shows that Jesus was not liked by some of the people in Israel." I also agree with this post.

    Porsha Owens

    ReplyDelete