My view on a modern hero is that a person can be considered a hero when he or she has done something that makes them stand out from a crowd of people and is good for all. The example I used is the first three women that were allowed to join the Infantry in the Marine Corps. They paved the way women like me that want to join the Military or the Marine Corps specifically.
Compared to the posts that I read from my colleagues is that we all believe that a hero should be someone that is courageous. Also this person must make accomplishments that no one else have made. Moreover, a hero is someone that sets an example for others to follow. They create a standard or trend that everyone wants to do because this person is seen as influential. Another way my view and my colleagues view can be compared is that we feel that a hero has to risk their life for another to be considered a hero.
My belief on what a modern hero can be contrasted to my colleagues because I believe that a hero does not have to save someone in order to be considered a hero. However, my colleagues believe that a hero is a person that saves someone else. The three women that I chose to write about did not save anyone to become a hero to me; but the fact that they joined the Infantry in the Marine Corps means that they are willing to risk their life for the entire country to make sure we remain strong and free from terrorism and other acts that would threaten our country and its people. Another reason why our views can contrasted is my colleagues believe that a hero must be a man. I feel that anyone can hero.
I absolutely believe that a hero has to be courageous. But like you said normal people can be a hero which is so true. You have people in the world that hero walks around in a suit or dress. You even have people that considers janitors and lunch ladies as heroes just people they have drive and motivate them when their at school. Anyone can be hero honestly because if you're determined and someone recognize that and believe in you and look up to you you're doing something right.
ReplyDelete