One Friday Travis was at the mall and so was I. I saw him shopping in the stores. We walked pass each other and did not say speak to one another. There were a lot off people at the mall that day. It was a beautiful day. We stayed at the mall until the night came. It must have been gang initiation weekend because a lot of gangs were out when night fell. As we were exiting the mall there were a lot of people in the parking lot. They were all surrounding their vehicles. There was music playing loudly. There were a lot of men dressed in their colors that are affiliated with their gang and they were smoking and talking loudly. Then Travis exited the mall and the scene changed.
As Travis and his friends entered the parking lot every one's head began to turn. All of the gang members began to turn towards Travis and they walked up to him. Travis and the gang members began arguing in the parking lot. The arguing escalated and fist fights started to happen. Shots rang out and people were scattering around the parking lot. The gang members were aiming at Travis and his friends. Before I knew Travis got shot by one the gang members. Then time froze for a few seconds.
I run over to where he fell after being shot and immediately yelled for someone to get help. I took off my brand new white shirt and began to apply pressure to the gunshot wound. My friend said "You are only in a bra, put on a shirt". My response was"So, I have to apply pressure I do not want him to die". Then I was telling Travis that I need him to live and that he is my baby and I love him. Then I told my friend to go into the mall and buy me a new white shirt.
The ambulance and police arrives at the same time. The EMT's put Travis on the stretcher and rushed him to the hospital. I jumped into his car and followed them to the hospital. I was covered in his blood. Everything suddenly went black.
IT WAS A DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I woke up and I was breathing heavily. I had tears running down my eyes. I picked up the phone and called Travis he did not pick up. Then I sent him a text asking him if he was okay and he responded and said yes. Then a few years later he told me that people were trying to hurt him.
No comments:
Post a Comment