Wednesday, February 15, 2017

#9 Modern Epic Hero

A modern hero can be just a normal person. The difference between that person and everyone else is that he or she does something that makes them stand out and is good for all. My modern day heroes are the three women that were the first ones to enter infantry in the Marine Corps. They paved the way for young girls and women all over the United States that have always wanted to become apart of the Infantry in the Marine Corps. I am one of those women that wanted to join the Marine Corps but due to the fact that I am short and did not meet the height requirement. However, these three women gave me courage and showed me that through determination you can accomplish anything no matter how many times someone tells you that you will NEVER be able to accomplish your set goal or that because you are a woman you will NEVER be able to have that job. They also helped me realize that I should not give up on my dreams to join the military. Since I saw these three women show the whole world that women can participate and excel in the Infantry in the Marine Corps I have decided to give the military another shot. I am going to enlist in the Army later on this year. The bravery and persistency from these three women show us that women can do ANYTHING a man can do; not only can they do it but they are damn good at it as well.

1 comment:

  1. I like the thought put into your posts. I also agree with the fact that a normal person can become a modern hero. However, in a sense I disagree. I feel you must have certain characteristics to separate you from the pack. Moreover, like you said the difference is that they do something to stand out by have attributes like ambition or consistency. Great post !

    ReplyDelete